- 52,964 hits
- Chapter 21–Saying Goodbye to the Storm
- Chapter 20–Every Storm That Comes, Also Comes to an End
- Chapter 19–The Storm Is Almost Over
- Chapter 18–There Are Some Things You Can Only Learn in a Storm.
- Chapter 17–Comfort Is on the Horizon
- Chapter 16–I Thought the Hardest Part of the Storm Was Over
- Chapter 15–Sometimes You Do What You Gotta Do
- Chapter 14 – Blessings in Respite
- Chapter 13 – Getting Worse and Not Seeing the Signs
- Chapter 12 – It’s Coming and There Is Nothing You Can Do To Stop It.
- Chapter 11 – Plan and Build Your Life on THE Rock.
- Chapter 10 – When the Storm Gets You Down
- Chapter 9 – Tending to the Mundane
- Chapter 8 – Believing Through the Storm
- Chapter 7 – Riding the Waves of the Storm
- Chapter 6 – “Back of the clouds the sun is always shining.”
- Chapter 5 – Storms don’t stop for birthdays.
- Chapter 4 – We thought we were prepared.
- Chapter 3 – It was the beginning of a long storm.
- Chapter 2 – Fear in the Storm
- Chapter 1 – A Sudden Storm
- Hey there!
Author Archives: gweldy
“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of … Continue reading
Throughout this brainstorm, there were many times I felt that we were at a turning point—for the worse. But the next few days were the most critical we had ever faced. We took more pictures than I did writing—explanation is … Continue reading
At this point, I am marking the days. That means that I look at the date in my journal, and, since I know when the brainstorm ends, I can count how many days are left. Mind you, while I lived this in … Continue reading
Did you ever avoid doing something because it was difficult? That’s where I am today as I type this next chapter. You can probably tell by the narrative that Roger’s time on earth is short. And that means as I … Continue reading
And so it begins: the beginning of the end of the beginning. November 11, 2014 You will recall that we had made the decision to call in hospice, and it was confirmed while Roger was getting fluids at a local … Continue reading
I had been through some difficult days. I knew the end would be difficult. But the time to make a painful decision had come, and it hurt. It really hurt. It was a decision that I expected to make one day. … Continue reading