- 53,276 hits
- Chapter 21–Saying Goodbye to the Storm
- Chapter 20–Every Storm That Comes, Also Comes to an End
- Chapter 19–The Storm Is Almost Over
- Chapter 18–There Are Some Things You Can Only Learn in a Storm.
- Chapter 17–Comfort Is on the Horizon
- Chapter 16–I Thought the Hardest Part of the Storm Was Over
- Chapter 15–Sometimes You Do What You Gotta Do
- Chapter 14 – Blessings in Respite
- Chapter 13 – Getting Worse and Not Seeing the Signs
- Chapter 12 – It’s Coming and There Is Nothing You Can Do To Stop It.
- Chapter 11 – Plan and Build Your Life on THE Rock.
- Chapter 10 – When the Storm Gets You Down
- Chapter 9 – Tending to the Mundane
- Chapter 8 – Believing Through the Storm
- Chapter 7 – Riding the Waves of the Storm
- Chapter 6 – “Back of the clouds the sun is always shining.”
- Chapter 5 – Storms don’t stop for birthdays.
- Chapter 4 – We thought we were prepared.
- Chapter 3 – It was the beginning of a long storm.
- Chapter 2 – Fear in the Storm
- Chapter 1 – A Sudden Storm
- Hey there!
Category Archives: Glioblastoma
And so it begins: the beginning of the end of the beginning. November 11, 2014 You will recall that we had made the decision to call in hospice, and it was confirmed while Roger was getting fluids at a local … Continue reading
‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops What if Your healing comes through tears What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise … Continue reading
Each day got worse. When you are living in real time, things obvious to the outsider are not so clear to you. I know I was still afraid and frustrated by not knowing exactly how things would progress, but I think back … Continue reading
The Train Wreck Is Coming Pardon the digression from the storm analogy, but this quote fits this blog perfectly. Shauna Emmons shared this on a site I frequent, and I asked if I could share it. She said yes. Healing and … Continue reading
The sermon this morning was on building. Building your life. Making a blueprint of your goals. Having the right foundation. Maintaining the building. The reference was Matthew 7: 24-27. Pastor Derek’s quote struck me: “Know storms will come; if you … Continue reading
When life gets you down… Or, I guess, when a storm gets you down, at least tread water. That’s what I felt like we were doing. Move the arms and legs to keep from drowning. Focus on the 30th radiation treatment. … Continue reading
Life goes on. By that I mean you have to take care of the everyday things that happen. Whether you want to or not. In the midst of a storm you think your focus is on the storm itself. But … Continue reading
Did you miss my post from last weekend? That’s because I was getting ready to go to Florida with Chad’s family. We had a fabulous time, and I hope you won’t mind if I post a few pictures from that … Continue reading
Feelings are much like waves; we can’t stop them from coming, but we can choose which one to surf. Source I would add that emotions are like the waves in storms. The ones you choose to ride may be overwhelming, but … Continue reading
Sometimes the sun shines through the clouds in a storm. I learned to look for and cherish those rays. (Photo Credit) After the official diagnosis on August 6th, we returned home to some normalcy, whatever that was. Roger’s appetite was … Continue reading