- 56,051 hits
- Chapter 21–Saying Goodbye to the Storm
- Chapter 20–Every Storm That Comes, Also Comes to an End
- Chapter 19–The Storm Is Almost Over
- Chapter 18–There Are Some Things You Can Only Learn in a Storm.
- Chapter 17–Comfort Is on the Horizon
- Chapter 16–I Thought the Hardest Part of the Storm Was Over
- Chapter 15–Sometimes You Do What You Gotta Do
- Chapter 14 – Blessings in Respite
- Chapter 13 – Getting Worse and Not Seeing the Signs
- Chapter 12 – It’s Coming and There Is Nothing You Can Do To Stop It.
- Chapter 11 – Plan and Build Your Life on THE Rock.
- Chapter 10 – When the Storm Gets You Down
- Chapter 9 – Tending to the Mundane
- Chapter 8 – Believing Through the Storm
- Chapter 7 – Riding the Waves of the Storm
- Chapter 6 – “Back of the clouds the sun is always shining.”
- Chapter 5 – Storms don’t stop for birthdays.
- Chapter 4 – We thought we were prepared.
- Chapter 3 – It was the beginning of a long storm.
- Chapter 2 – Fear in the Storm
- Chapter 1 – A Sudden Storm
- Hey there!
My Facebook Page
Category Archives: Family
Chapter 20–Every Storm That Comes, Also Comes to an End
Throughout this brainstorm, there were many times I felt that we were at a turning point—for the worse. But the next few days were the most critical we had ever faced. We took more pictures than I did writing—explanation is … Continue reading
Chapter 17–Comfort Is on the Horizon
And so it begins: the beginning of the end of the beginning. November 11, 2014 You will recall that we had made the decision to call in hospice, and it was confirmed while Roger was getting fluids at a local … Continue reading
Posted in Brain Tumor, Family, Glioblastoma, Hospice 4 Comments
Chapter 16–I Thought the Hardest Part of the Storm Was Over
I had been through some difficult days. I knew the end would be difficult. But the time to make a painful decision had come, and it hurt. It really hurt. It was a decision that I expected to make one day. … Continue reading
Posted in Brain Tumor, Family, Friends, Hospice, Stop treatment 4 Comments
Chapter 11 – Plan and Build Your Life on THE Rock.
The sermon this morning was on building. Building your life. Making a blueprint of your goals. Having the right foundation. Maintaining the building. The reference was Matthew 7: 24-27. Pastor Derek’s quote struck me: “Know storms will come; if you … Continue reading
Posted in Brain Tumor, Family, Foundaton, Glioblastoma, Radiation, Shingles Leave a comment
Chapter 8 – Believing Through the Storm
Did you miss my post from last weekend? That’s because I was getting ready to go to Florida with Chad’s family. We had a fabulous time, and I hope you won’t mind if I post a few pictures from that … Continue reading
Posted in Baby Shower, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Blessings, Family, Glioblastoma, Radiation 4 Comments
Chapter 7 – Riding the Waves of the Storm
Feelings are much like waves; we can’t stop them from coming, but we can choose which one to surf. Source I would add that emotions are like the waves in storms. The ones you choose to ride may be overwhelming, but … Continue reading
Posted in Chemotherapy, Cleaning, Family, Glioblastoma, Radiation 3 Comments
Chapter 6 – “Back of the clouds the sun is always shining.”
Sometimes the sun shines through the clouds in a storm. I learned to look for and cherish those rays. (Photo Credit) After the official diagnosis on August 6th, we returned home to some normalcy, whatever that was. Roger’s appetite was … Continue reading
Posted in Barnes Jewish Hospital, Blessings, Brain Tumor, Family, Glioblastoma 4 Comments